Know your Non Domestic Rates
a one day training course
Leapark Hotel, Grangemouth
Tuesday 23rd May 2017
Valid for IRRV CPD Points
* INCLUDES FREE PLACES SPECIAL OFFER *
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
IRRV in Scotland has, for some years, run introductory courses aimed at new staff in council tax, benefits and non-domestic rates.
Last year, we ran a new Non Domestic Rates course that fully ensures the course is now suitable for both new or inexperienced staff wishing an introduction to the subject but are also highly useful for staff with greater local government experience but who wish a refresher on recent developments in Non Domestic Rates.
These were extremely well-attended and well-received and we have had further interest from a number of authorities and valuation staff requesting that we run another day like this on NDR and as a special incentive to encourage attendance, we are offering reduced-price delegate charges.
The seminar represents excellent value for money, with seminar fees starting at only £125 + VAT. This includes lunch, refreshments, and training materials.
As places are limited, early booking is recommended. The IRRV regrets that, under normal circumstances, delegate fees cannot be refunded. However, delegate substitutions may be made at no cost at any time prior to the Seminar, subject to these being notified to the Institute
This course gives delegates an invaluable introduction or refresher to the administration of NDR in Scotland. It will be of interest to local authority staff and others, such as Sheriff Officers’ staff and recovery agents.
The Programme includes
- Basis of Charge (Uniform business rate; Small business; Empty rate; Pooling arrangements)
- Valuation (Assessor; Valuation Roll; Rateable Values; Exemptions; Appeals; Revaluation - 2017; Transitional Arrangements)
- Assessment (Assessment Roll; Liability; Rateable Occupation; Exemptions; Appeals)
- Reductions (Mandatory, Discretionary, Rural and Hardship Reliefs and Disabled Persons Act)
- The Small Business Bonus Scheme
- Payments and Enforcement (Demand Notices; Instalments; Reminders,
- Services Notices; Summary Warrant; Decree; Diligence)
The course also covers topical NDR issues including Empty Property Relief, Avoidance and Business Rates Incentivisation.
The Course Leader is Brian Jeffrey, a past President of the IRRV Scottish Association, with extensive experience of revenues administration in Scottish Local Government.
Every fourth place from the same organisation booked for this course (and made in the same booking) is entirely free of charge. Please note that, due to the demand for places, this offer applies only to the course detailed in this brochure and applies to the lowest cost place.
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
If you have any queries, please contact
IRRV Development Manager,
2A Argyle Street,
Telephone/Fax – 01382 456029
email - email@example.com