Practical Data Protection
An essential review of current Data Protection requirements and an introduction to important changes from 2018
Leapark Hotel, Grangemouth
Friday 10th November 2017
Valid for IRRV CPD Points
* INCLUDES FREE PLACES SPECIAL OFFER *
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
The General Data Protection Regulations (GPDR) were agreed by the European Parliament and the European Council on 27 April 2016.
New requirements and penalties for failure to comply with the Regulations come into force on 18 May 2018.
This course is aimed at front line staff, first line supervisors and managers administering Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction and levying Council Tax and Non Domestic Rates and will focus on the practical issues facing front line staff both now, and after the new regulations come into full effect.
The course will cover:
- The current legislative requirements.
- An introduction to the changes.
- The individual staff member’s responsibilities to the public, their employer and themselves.
- Some guidance on how to prepare and deal with some of the issues that may arise.
At the end of the course, delegates will have greater understanding of:
- The need for privacy and what this really means.
- The importance of their role in data protection to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- The serious consequences of failure in maintaining the statutory standards of privacy and confidentiality.
- When, and what data may be shared with other governmental bodies and third parties.
- Where the statutory provisions may be found.
COURSE LEADER : JOHN HARDING
The course leader is John Harding, who retired from 30 years of administering benefits and Council Tax in Edinburgh at the end on 2015.
John has wide experience with over 20 years of presenting appeals against benefit and Council Tax decisions initiating the Appeals Practitioners Group within the IRRV.
He experienced in responding to Freedom of Information requests and complaints and negotiating with the SPSO.
Value for money seminar :
The workshop represents excellent value for money, with seminar fees starting at only £125 + VAT. This includes lunch, refreshments, and training materials.
As places are limited, early booking is recommended. The IRRV regrets that, under normal circumstances, delegate fees cannot be refunded. However, delegate substitutions may be made at no cost at any time prior to the Seminar, subject to these being notified to the Institute
Every fourth place from the same organisation booked for this course (and made in the same booking) is entirely free of charge. Please note that, due to the demand for places, this offer applies only to the course detailed in this brochure.
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
If you have any queries, please contact
IRRV Development Manager,
2A Argyle Street,
Telephone/Fax – 01382 456029
email - firstname.lastname@example.org