Miscellaneous Income Conference 2017
Tuesday 14th November 2017
Leapark Hotel, Grangemouth
Sundry Debt collection – key issues for the future
Valid for IRRV CPD Points
INCLUDES FREE PLACES SPECIAL OFFER
IRRV in Scotland is delighted to advise you about this year’s Miscellaneous Income Conference in Scotland takes place on Tuesday 14th November 2017 in Grangemouth. We are very pleased to advise you that Alex M Adamson LLP is this year’s conference sponsor.
The Conference is aimed particularly at all staff involved in the collection and administration of sundry debt/miscellaneous income but is relevant to all involved in income collection, including local taxation.
This year’s conference is chaired by Gail Smith, Chair of the IRRV Miscellaneous Income Network in Scotland.
This important event will be of great interest to all who manage, administer or collect sundry debt within the local authority setting.
The programme includes
- Miscellaneous Income – raising the bar : An in-depth presentation looking at the key issues facing sundry debt collection and how to improve performance. Presentation by Allan Traynor, IRRV Past President and a previous chair of the Scottish Revenues and Benefits Forum
- Dealing with low value, high volume debt – a view from the commercial sector : John Douglas, Business Development Manager, Alex M Adamson LLP
- Improving your miscellaneous income collection – improved liaison with legal services
- Tracing debtors – a good practice guide : Anne Wilson, Managing Director, MAG:NET Solutions Limited. MAG:NET/LoCTA provide a secure data sharing and tracing service to local authorities and central government. Anne will give an overview of good practice in tracing debtors
- Recovery issues and sequestration – key points : Kelly Jones, Associate Director – Advisory, Grant Thornton UK LLP (plus sheriff officer contribution)
- Modernising the administration of miscellaneous income administration – a home working update : Damian Bray, Team Manager- Collections, Fife Council
- Workshop session : covering low value debt including housing repair invoices and continued service provision
Generous delegate packages : This will be an invaluable Conference for all sundry debt staff in Scotland. As places are limited, early booking is recommended. We are offering very generous delegate rates including :
Reduced rates for IRRV members and students
Every third delegate from the same organisation comes entirely free of charge
The IRRV regrets that, under normal circumstances, delegate fees cannot be refunded. However, delegate substitutions may be made at no cost at any time prior to the Conference, subject to these being notified to the Institute.
How to Book
Please complete the booking form and send/fax it to the address above. You may also e-mail bookings to email@example.com. Full joining instructions will be sent to delegates once a booking form has been received.
As places are limited, early booking is recommended. The IRRV regrets that, under normal circumstances, delegate fees cannot be refunded. However, delegate substitutions may be made at no cost at any time prior to the Seminar, subject to these being notified to the Institute. .
Please note that attendees must bring with them a laptop that can connect to public wifi. The venue will provide complimentary wifi access.
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
If you have any queries, please contact
IRRV Development Manager,
2A Argyle Street,
Telephone/Fax – 01382 456029
email - firstname.lastname@example.org