Data Protection Update
An essential update on the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018
Leapark Hotel, Grangemouth
Wednesday 18th April 2018
Valid for IRRV CPD Points
* INCLUDES FREE PLACES SPECIAL OFFER *
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
Further to the data protection background seminar run by IRRV in 2017, this seminar provides the vital information key staff will require about the impending changes to data protection legislation.
This is a timely and essential examination of the Data Protection Act 2018 and its effects on the way personal data is handled. This one day course will give candidates a sound understanding of the new law.
The course is aimed at front line staff, first line supervisors and managers administering revenues and benefits for Local Authorities. The focus will be on those aspects that you need to be aware of and comply with.
The course will cover:
- Privacy – what it is and why it is important.
- The changes that have driven the new regulations.
- The structure and derivation of Data Protection law.
- Potential difficulties for Revenues and Benefit staff arising from the new law.
- The importance of the Local Authority employee’s role in maintaining data protection.
- The powers of the Information Commissioner to give directions, prosecute and impose fines on data controllers and individuals.
At the end of the course, delegates will have greater understanding of:
- Relevant Data Protection law.
- The terms and concepts used in the Data Protection legislation.
- The rights and responsibilities of Local Authority staff and data subjects.
- How to respond to demands from data subjects.
COURSE LEADER : JOHN HARDING
The course will be led by John Harding. John has over 30 years of experience administering benefits and Council Tax in Edinburgh. He has wide experience in handling personal and sensitive data, managing and responding to Freedom of Information requests and Complaints.
John has been investigating, preparing and presenting appeals to Review Boards, Appeals Tribunals and the Valuation Appeal Committee for more than 20 years as well as negotiating complain outcomes with the Scottish Public Sector Ombudsman. He also initiated the Appeals Practitioners Group within the IRRV.
Value for money seminar
The workshop represents excellent value for money, with seminar fees starting at only £145 + VAT. This includes lunch, refreshments, and training materials.
As places are limited, early booking is recommended. The IRRV regrets that, under normal circumstances, delegate fees cannot be refunded. However, delegate substitutions may be made at no cost at any time prior to the Seminar, subject to these being notified to the Institute
Every fourth place from the same organisation booked for this course (and made in the same booking) is entirely free of charge. Please note that, due to the demand for places, this offer applies only to the course detailed in this brochure.
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
If you have any queries, please contact
IRRV Development Manager,
2A Argyle Street,
Telephone/Fax – 01382 456029
email - email@example.com