Thursday 1st November 2018
Fundamentals for revenues and benefits managers and team members
Leapark Hotel, Grangemouth
Valid for IRRV CPD Points
* INCLUDES FREE PLACES SPECIAL OFFER *
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
This course looks in-depth at ways of improving efficiency and service delivery and reducing cost within the benefits and revenues environment and will be delivered by leading systems thinking expert Denise Toscani.
Denise ran a hugely successful ‘Train the Trainer’ day for IRRV Scotland back in 2015 and this new Systems Thinking day is being organised at the request of local authorities who found Denise’s previous course to be excellent.
This new one day Systems Thinking course is an introduction to systems thinking training course will allow you to define, map and analyse your work processes from the customer’s perspective, reveal underlying problems and take effective action for improvement of productivity, customer satisfaction and costs.
Here’s what you can get out of this workshop:
- How to improve service delivery whilst reducing costs.
- What’s really useful to measure in your organisation and what’s not.
- Better ways of dealing with performance indicators.
- Gain an insight into why you need to look at your work differently and how doing so can turn around struggling services.
- Evidence of how approaching your work from a systems thinking viewpoint gets much better results compared to traditional management styles.
- The unique Vanguard Method of ‘Check, Plan, Do’.
- The ability to identify the flow and waste in your work systems and the impact that these have on your customers.
- The principles of re-design for a sustainable and successful change programme.
The course is aimed at members working in revenues administration and collection and benefits administration.
The seminar represents excellent value for money, with seminar fees starting at only £145 + VAT. This includes lunch, refreshments, and training materials.
As places are limited, early booking is recommended. The IRRV regrets that, under normal circumstances, delegate fees cannot be refunded. However, delegate substitutions may be made at no cost at any time prior to the Seminar, subject to these being notified to the Institute.
- Why we need to view work differently
- Overview of Vanguard’s Method “Check-Plan-Do”
- Understanding processes from the customers’ perspective
- Case Study – Housing Benefits
- Mapping and Analysing Processes
- Identifying flow
- Identifying waste
- Establishing the impact on the customer
- Case Study – Rent Collections
- Understanding Measures
- Case Study – Housing Repairs
- Principles for re-design
- Sustaining change
This course will be delivered by leading systems thinking expert Denise Toscani.
Denise set up Vanguard Scotland 18 years ago.
She has managed a number of projects including Housing Benefit transformations that have resulted in faster customer service, increased capacity and a reduction in unit costs.
She has a Masters in Psychology (distinction) as well as numerous business financial planning qualifications.
In addition she is an assessor for the Chartered Management Institute and runs a number of management and leadership programmes
Every fourth place from the same organisation booked for this course (and made in the same booking) is entirely free of charge. Please note that, due to the demand for places, this offer applies only to the course detailed in this brochure.
DOWNLOAD BOOKING FORM
If you have any queries, please contact
IRRV Development Manager,
2A Argyle Street,
Telephone/Fax – 01382 456029
email - firstname.lastname@example.org